Table of Contents
In this tutorial you are going to learn how to create very nice, yet very powerful Elementor expandable elements. It works for text editor elements, images elements, and even other containers elements.
It works really well with Elementor dynamic data.
See the demo here:
- Works with dynamic data
- Works for as many Elementor expandable elements as you need
- Individually set "read more" and "read less" messages of your choice
- Works with any element. Expand and collapse images too, or even whole containers!
Let's get started!
First, let's copy paste this code in your project
- Gain Access to This TutorialUnlock complete access to the current tutorial: Elementor Premium Expand & Collapse Toggle
- Future UpdatesYou will get access to all future updates to this tutorial.
- Enjoy Unlimited UsageUse on as many of your own sites or your clients sites as you wish.
Note that reselling or redistributing is not permitted.
- Unlock every premium tutorial on Element.howGet access to the entire library of premium tutorials on Element.how
Preview premium tutorials
- Get access to the CSS course for Elementor usersAccess the complete 14 HTML chapters, 30 CSS chapters and 7 Elementor Projects.Learn more
- Simple CSS Grid For ElementorAn Elementor Addon to Create Awesome Grid Layouts in a Single Click for Containers, Galleries and Loop Grid. Learn more
- free extra: ShapeDividers.com Premium AccessLifetime Premium Access to ShapeDividers.comVisit ShapeDividers.com
- 30 day money backNo questions asked money back. Not what you expected? Get a refund.
- One-time payment of only $299No hidden fees or subscriptions.
Sales taxes added where applicable.
- Limited supportGet help when you need it. Support includes getting things working as intended.
Support excludes customization work.
- Lifetime access to everything Element.howThe price reflects what is currently available on Element.how. All future updates are included, but none are promised. You pay for what is available now, and the rest is a sweet extra.
I will say that it is definitely my intention to keep adding tutorials to Element.how.
- Launch offer discounts!This all inclusive package is freshly released and to celebrate, there is a special discount available:
10% for new customers with coupon code LAUNCH10
20% for existing customers with coupon code LAUNCH20
30% for CSS Course customers with coupon code LAUNCH30_CSS_STUDENT
Available for a limited time only.
Element.how also provides premium tutorials showing awesome advanced designs, check them out here.
Looking for something else? Search across 2445 Elements right here:
And get exclusive Elementor related discounts here
Checkout the Elementor Addon Finder directly
Worked perfectly. Don't forget to remove the paddings at the top and bottom of the sp-expandable container, otherwise a part of the container will be displayed despite the defaultPreviewHeight = "0px" setting.
Thanks for the great feature 🙂
Yes indeed, need to be careful with top and bottom padding here... otherwise the height won't be what you expect it to be!
Hi Maxime, thanks again for another great feature. How do I achieve the chevron icons that rotate when View More / View Less is clicked?
I updated the code recently and this should now work again as expected!
Please import the updated code to your project.
Thanks Maxime! Appreciated!
Hi Maxime, I am upgrading from 'Amazing Elementor Show Hide Section Button' tutorial, as I have switched to containers that are nested.
The overwrite settings for the text thats displayed within each toggle button doesn't appear to be working for me however when set under Advanced > Attributes.
When I set the following in Advanced > Attributes for each button, only the text set within the code snippet appears?
data-expand-text|Custom Text Expand
data-collapse-text|Custom Text Collapse
Also not getting the rotate icon feature, as I had working before with the previous tutorial.
Are you able to verify these are working? Thanks!
Could you share with me the URL of the page where you are testing this? I will have a look what's going on!
Thanks for your reply - the updated code now works great! Thanks again!
Awesome James, glad it works now!
Is it possible to make it work with a section or column?
I think it should be working for these already. Columns might be a bit buggy though... Sections should work.
Have you tried? If you have tried and have issues, please share your page with me I will check.