Table of Contents
In this tutorial, I will show you how to create this awesome reveal effect with Elementor.
It's a background image reveal on mouse hover.
It could be used for before and afters, as a general nice effect, or in several other creative ways.
See the demo here (desktop only) :
- Works with containers and sections
- Show the images of your choice for both images
- The 'reveal' looks can be customized, using CSS masks
- Performance optimized
- No dependencies JS
- On the edges, there is sometimes a kind of image stretching, for the smaller 'reveal' part. In my examples, you will see the before and afters are fine, but the others have this kind of stretching. There is no fix for that.
- The 'view window' is in the middle of the section / container, until the mouse enters it. It is also left at the place where the mouse left that container or section. This can be improved, but the performance cost is significant. If you have only a single section with this setup on the page, then it should be fine to use the fix for this. In the tutorial I explain how.
- This is a desktop only design.
Let's get started!
First, copy paste this code in a HTML element on your page
Element.how also provides premium tutorials showing awesome advanced designs, check them out here.
And get exclusive Elementor related discounts here
Checkout the Elementor Addon Finder directly