In this chapter of our CSS course, we teach you how to create gradient backgrounds. We systematically walk you through the different types of gradients and demonstrate how you can use them in your web design work.
The addition of gradient backgrounds is an event that web developers celebrated far and wide, with many saying it made their web design life a lot easier.
Here are some reasons why it's worth every while learning CSS gradients.
- Gradients make your container backgrounds look beautiful, adding to your website's general aesthetics.
- They are light and are dynamically created, meaning they load faster than a normal image.
- Simple and easy to edit compared to images.
- Widely supported by modern browsers.
- Unlike raster images, you can stretch them without losing sharpness.